Creative Corner – Sarah Michelle Lynch
This week, Creative Corner goes erotic! Sizzling up February’s “Month of Romance” is Erotic Romance Author Sarah Michelle Lynch. We have a great chat, and no, she doesn’t shy away from any question thrown her way!
Meet: Sarah Michelle Lynch
Sarah Michelle Lynch wakes up in the morning and the first thing on her mind is words and the possibility of reading and writing more and more words. She is a little bit obsessed.
A career in journalism preceded Sarah’s writing career as an Independent author and despite an offer to get published, Sarah found it very difficult to let go of the freedom, variety and creativity self-publishing allows her.
When Sarah’s not reading words, she’s editing them, and when she’s not editing she’s writing. These days, to earn her right to write, she freelances as an editor.
Sarah also writes sci-fi as S. M. Lynch: http://smlynchauthor.wordpress.com
- Welcome, Sarah Michelle. Thanks for joining me here on Creative Corner. What should my readers know about you?
I’m a former journalist and on maternity leave, I found time to finally write the novel that had been waiting to be written for several years. I’m now currently writing my 11th full-length novel.
- What are the 3 words that best describe you?
Disciplined. Passionate. Crazy.
- Tell us about your work.
My work is varied. I began as a sci-fi writer but that was just because the story I wanted to tell was set in the future. I’ve always been a reader of romance first and foremost but sometimes the stories I tell don’t follow any rules. I follow the characters wherever they take me, and sometimes that is down a dark path… I’ve written romantic thrillers, BDSM novels, contemporary romance and a vampire serial now, too.
- Which piece of work are you most proud of?
My next one.
- What other creative endeavors do you enjoy?
I love baking, craft making. I like to decorate the home I share with my husband and daughter. I can crochet pretty good but words have always been my go-to creative outlet.
- What would people be most surprised to see on your Kindle or bookshelf?
Frilly romance. Sometimes, you just need light escapism.
- How about your playlist?
My tastes are eclectic. I actually love rock and metal but also club/house/trance music, too. (Jazz makes me crazy/crazier.)
- In the story of your life, who would you like to play you?
Kate Winslet. She rocks.
The Glamorous, Dangerous Romance Section:
- Which celebrity would you most like to end up with in a highly-publicized romance?
Tom Ellis (Lucifer).
- What would be your “couple nickname?”
I really don’t think there is one suitable…! Maybe SarTom??? Does that work…?
- Would the romance be more likely to be chronicled in Vanity Fair, People, or The National Enquirer? Why?
Vanity Fair, because we’re so stylish.
- Being part of a celebrity couple puts your life in danger. What is the danger?
He’s the devil with all sorts of enemies… but somehow he always saves me.
- How do you neutralize the threat?
Fire and brimstone.
- Which would you rather own: an Aston Martin, a Corvette Stingray or a Bentley?
Bentley, definitely… because…
- Do you have a chauffeur or drive it yourself?
I’d need a chauffeur!
- Which celebrity would you most like to spend the night having drinks with?
Peter Dinklage from Game of Thrones, to get the lowdown on the new series and find out whether he’s dead or not! Also, I’d like to see if I could drink him under the table.
- Where do you hang out, and what do you talk about?
Some medieval-inspired watering hole, in full costume, and we talk about how bloody evil his sister is.
- We have front row tickets to Fashion Week in NYC. Who are we sitting with?
Stanley Tucci, Rebel Wilson, Derek Zoolander and Will Ferrell (as himself).
- Whose collection are you most looking forward to seeing?
- You’re given the chance to star in either Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Which movie do you choose?
That’s a hard one. I’m tall, so I’d have to go in LoTR and play an elf I reckon.
- Which role do you play?
(As above). Of course, the more sumptuous the elf outfit, the better. Long, flared sleeves, a crown of jewels and bare feet.
- Who is starring in the movie with you?
Viggo Mortensen of course!
- You’re throwing a party in a magical world where anyone, living or dead, real or fictional, will show up if invited. Who are the first 10 people you invite?
I would love to meet all the characters from my books, most notably Chloe, Kayla, Cai and Carl from the Sub Rosa series, Lottie and Noah, Jules and Warrick, plus the two characters from my upcoming novel… I’m thinking about crossover novels, now…
- If offered the chance to live forever, would you?
I’m not sure about that one. As long as I didn’t get old, perhaps…
- You’re about to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Whose star would you like to have your star next to?
- Everyone’s running for President these days, so why not you? Tell me your campaign slogan.
“Be excellent to one another.” – if only…
What color best describes your current mood, and why?
Red. I’m always occupied by passions, for one thing or another… mostly books and my husband.
The Personal Touch:
- What has been the most romantic moment of your life so far?
There have been a few. I don’t really rate grand gestures, rather little things like the notes my husband leaves me before he goes to work, when he buys me flowers randomly… basically uncalled-for gestures on ordinary days of the week. They all add up to an ongoing romance!
- What is your favorite Valentine’s Day gift to give?
Breakfast in bed.
- What is your favorite Valentine’s Day gift to receive?
I’m an erotic writer, so I’ll let you imagine…
- Have you ever regretted your choice to self-publish, rather than going the traditional route?
Sometimes, but then all that matters to be is to be able to continue writing and as long as I’m able to do that, that’s all that matters.
- What is the most challenging thing about editing another author’s work?
The hardest thing is knowing that if you deliver criticism, it hurts. I understand that because I’m an author myself. Every book is your baby. But another perspective really can help to tighten up a book.
- If you were working as a dom, who would be your fantasy customer?
Hugh Grant. I’d love to try and tame that.
- Who would you most like to wear a sexy maid costume for?
It’s not one of the sexiest outfits I’ve ever worn, but I’d still only wear it for hubby!
- If you could spend a fantasy weekend with any one of your heroes, which one would you choose?
Would have to be Cai Matthews, because his rivers run deep.
- Where would you spend the weekend?
In the mountains, somewhere.
- What are your personal views on censorship, and are there any topics you would never write about?
I wouldn’t write about incest, or M/M, or anything else I have no experience of myself. There are not many things I find offensive, but never say never – sometimes the characters just talk! Censorship is fine if the rules are set out beforehand, but when people bend the rules, that’s just discrimination.
Reach Out & Touch Someone:
- Where can my readers get more information on you?
- What social media sites do you use? How can my readers follow you?
I use Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, Tsu, Amazon Author Central, Goodreads… probably some more I have forgotten about. You can see all my links on my website (above), but most search engines will help you find me!
- Where can my readers purchase your work?
On Amazon or through my website. Amazon link: http://author.to/sarahmichellelynch
- Please provide any other links my readers might find useful.
A Fine Profession: http://getbook.at/Lottie
A Fine Pursuit: http://getbook.at/afinepursuit
Angel Avenue: http://mybook.to/angelavenue
Beyond Angel Avenue: http://mybook.to/beyondangelavenue
Fabien: An Anthology: http://getbook.at/completefabien
Thank you so much for joining me, Sarah Michelle! Best Wishes on all your future endeavors!!