Creative Corner – Kellie Adams
I’m back at Creative Corner today…with an interview that ties directly into my own work. Today I’m chatting with model Kellie Adams, whose lovely face graces the covers of my upcoming 4-book series, Sex & Secrets. With Exploits, Book 1 of the series nearing publication, I can think of no one better for today’s interview.
Meet: Kellie Adams
- Welcome, Kellie. Thanks for joining me here on Creative Corner. What should my readers know about you?
I’m a very creative person who likes to express her creativity through a variety of different mediums.
- What are the 3 words that best describe you?
Imaginative, resourceful & honest
- Tell us about your work.
I’m new to modeling. Posing for Clara Grace Walker’s book covers was a fun, challenging and interesting experience.
- Which piece of work are you most proud of?
Probably the cover for Sanctuary by Clara Grace Walker, because I like the intensity of it.
- What other creative endeavors do you enjoy?
I enjoy sewing, drawing, painting, fashion designing and singing.
- What would people be most surprised to see on your Kindle or bookshelf?
Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
- In the story of your life, who would you like to play you?
The Glamorous, Dangerous Romance Section:
- You’re about to be teleported back in time to the days of castles and dragons. Please cast the following roles:
- King – Tom Baker
- Queen – My mother
- Prince – David Giuntoli
- Princess – My sister Lily
- Court Jester – Hannibal Buress
- Alchemist – My father
- Evil Nemesis – Scarlett Johanssen
- Dragon – My cat Shania
- What is the biggest danger facing the castle?
Somebody keeps building walls all around it and making the villagers pay for it.
- How do you prevail over this danger?
My awesome cat Shania/the dragon claws their eyes out & saves the day.
- We’re off to the Cannes film festival. Who do we meet there?
We’re going to meet up with Jennifer Lawrence and Taylor Swift.
- What do you wear on the red carpet?
Floor-length scarlett Jovani formal dress.
- You’re about to be sucked into a soap opera. The only thing you have control over is which one you land in. Which one is it?
- You’ve been invited to 2 different events, each taking place on the same day/time. Do you attend the star-studded charity event for a charity you don’t feel strongly about? Or a low-key gathering of a dozen people you find interesting and entertaining?
The low-key gathering.
- You’ve been chosen to receive a custom wardrobe by the designer of your choice. Which designer is making it for you?
- We have front row tickets to Fashion Week in NYC. Who are we sitting with?
We are sitting with Blake Lively, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Lawrence, Kristen Stewart, and anyone they feel like bringing.
- Whose collection are you most looking forward to seeing?
- You’re given to chance to star in either Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Which movie do you choose?
Lord of the Rings, because I don’t want to get blown up.
- Which role do you play?
A wizard, obviously…
- Who is starring in the movie with you?
The entire original cast.
Interviewee’s Choice: (please answer 3-5 of the following questions)
- You’re throwing a party in a magical world where anyone, living or dead, real or fictional, will show up if invited. Who are the first 10 people you invite?
Harry Potter. He’ll provide plenty of entertainment with his conjuring skills. Peter Davidson and definitely Peter Capaldi, (it’s going to be a party of Peters). They can take on their respective Doctor Who personas, and spend the entire party filming a Doctor Who special. Simba from the Lion King, because why just have a lion when you can have a talking lion. Nick Burkhardt from Grimm will be there and hopefully he won’t think Simba is a wesen. I’m not sure if Simba being animated will make that task easier or harder. Daenerys Targaryen, and bringing her dragons will freak Nick out even more. Maybe Harry Potter can help with that. Shakespeare will ensure lively conversation, and Socrates can spend the night philosophizing. And because this night is going to be special, I have to invite my friends Angel and Annelise to share it with me.
In case you’re wondering how the party goes down… The party begins with my best friends Angel and Annelise arriving. Shortly after, Harry Potter arrives, followed by Daenerys Targaryen. Upon hearing she is the mother of dragons, Harry immediately asks her what kind of dragons. He tells her he once faced off against a Hungarian horn tail, but he’s heard that Chinese fireballs can be rather volatile also. All of this just bores poor Daenerys, who goes looking for a drink, while her dragons make saganaki for the guests. Peter Davidson (Doctor #5) and Peter Capaldi (Doctor #12), have arrived in the meantime. Capaldi wonders what bloody idiot would be foolish enough risk a time paradox by inviting him and his counterpart. He blames the Master, and begins interrogating the guests, pulling out his stethoscope and listening for a double heartbeat. Davidson wonders what planet dragons are one and what is the science behind this magic they speak of. The dragons have mesmerized Socrates also, and he ponders what is a dragon, truly. Nick Burkhardt, of course, knows better, being a Grimm. He tries to muzzle Socrates, and also Shakespeare, who is busy waxing poetic about worlds of magic and dragons. Nick accuses them both of being wesen sympathizers. Simba spends the entire party trying to dodge Nick, and now I think he’s miffed I’ve invited them both.
My friends and I? We sip wine and try to stay out of the crossfire.
- Which game most resembles your life: Operation, Monopoly, Twister or Clue?
My life is like Clue.
- If offered the chance to live forever, would you?
Yes…I’m going to be a robot…or a vampire pirate.
- Finish this sentence: In my next life, I’m coming back as a ___________________.
As a robot…we discussed this above.
- If you were cryogenically frozen, what’s the furthest point in time you’d like to be revived?
Any time other than right before the world’s going to blow up.
- Which would you rather see make a comeback – disco or psychedelic rock?
I’d rather see disco make a comeback. Psychedelic rock takes too long.
- You’re the lucky winner of the Publisher’s Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. What’s the first thing you do after receiving your prize?
Get a financial manager.
- Your house has been sucked into a tornado and transported to Oz. What’s the first thing you do when you land?
Squish the witch and steal her shoes.
The Personal Touch:
- What do you like most about modeling?
Getting to dress up and do make-up.
- What do you find most challenging?
- Do you have any special techniques for achieving a certain facial look for a photoshoot?
Trying to think about something that puts the correct expression on my face.
- I know you like designing clothing. Is there a particular designer you would really like to work for?
Oscar de la Renta. I would love to assist in making gowns for red carpet events.
- Would you like to model your own clothing, or have someone else do it for you?
I’d rather just model them myself.
- Being tall, have you ever dated anyone shorter than you?
- Was it a problem? And did you wear heels?
Not a problem…and I still wear heels.
- What do you like to read in your spare time?
Harry Potter fan fiction.
Thank you so much for joining me, Kellie! Best Wishes on all your future endeavors!!