Creative Corner – Jack Lacey
This week on Creative Corner, please help me welcome my great friend, and bestselling thriller/suspense author, Jack Lacey. Always a pleasure to chat with, I think you’ll agree, conversations with Jack are anything but dull! If you haven’t already discovered this wonderful talent, I think you’re in for a treat!
Meet: Jack Lacey
Jack lacey has worked in radio, as a freelance writer covering alternative health before launching headlong into the wonderful world of fiction fifteen years ago. He loves nature, life’s inherent mysteries and music from the 60’s!
- Welcome, Jack. Thanks for joining me here on Creative Corner. What should my readers know about you?
Hi, Clara. Thanks for having me on your fabulous site! It’s great to be in your legendary company! I love living out my books and writing from real life experiences, which means re-locating to where my stories are set, usually, and becoming my detective. I’ve found myself in some very strange places and situations as a result…
- What are the 3 words that best describe you?
Humorous. Determined. Wayward!
- Tell us about your work.
I’ve written six novels, some unpublished, and am currently working on the next book in the ‘Missing Series’ which centres around a roguish, lone wolf detective who traces missing persons. The first, American Crow was warmly received I think. I’m also working on a Romantic Suspense novel which should come out soon.
- Which piece of work are you most proud of?
I think I’m proud of all my work really, as writing is about honing your profession and maturing slowly like a good wine. Becoming a better writer takes time and experience, but everything is valid at the time you express it!
- What other creative endeavors do you enjoy?
I like to do occasional stand-up comedy and have worked in radio.
- Are you a publicity-lover, or publicity shy?
A little sprinkling of both. I think many artists are introvert/extrovert!
- I love music, and I’m always interested in the musical tastes of my friends. Tell me your 3 favorite songs.
Fortunate Son by CCR. Babe I’m gunna leave you by Led Zeppelin & Venus in Furs by Velvet Underground. I’m just a big hippy really…
- What song best describes your life?
If you’re going to San Francisco by Scott Mckenzie . There’s something haunting yet beautiful about this song. For me it’s filled with a yearning, which creatively, is what powers my life path and makes me feel alive.
Click on photo for link to Amazon.com
The Glamorous, Dangerous Romance Section:
- You are offered, free for one year, the use of either a customized, fully staffed jet (say a Bombardier Learjet 40XR), or a fully-staffed luxury yacht (perhaps a 150-foot vessel built by Palmer Johnson). Which do you choose?
The yacht, because I don’t like heights fractionally more than I don’t like water. lol
- Fabulous! Where are we going?
We’d be moored in some moonlit cove having a serious hellraising party!
- Who are we bringing with us?
For everyone who loves the written word…
- I love to shop! And guess what? An eccentric billionaire has offered us his charge card for a day of shopping; with one caveat…we can only go to one store. Where are we going?
Easy – to a clothes store
- What do we buy there?
To buy any homeless folk some warm clothes for winter! Hate seeing people suffering on the street. (Ed. Note: I love this idea!)
- Which of the following soap operas most resembles your life: All My Children, Grey’s Anatomy, Dynasty or The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills?
To be honest, none. Mine is far weirder than any of those!
- Which celebrity would you most like to star with in a romantic movie?
Kate Winslet. She’s just a fabulous actress and a real woman.
- The setting for this movie is a private island. Where is it located?
In another dimension where telepathy is common place…
- What do we find there?
Undiscovered species and of course the all elusive Sasquatch…
- Now comes the danger…This lover’s paradise has an unforeseen danger. What is it?
The big furry man of course!
- Naturally, this danger imperils the love of your life. How do you save him/her?
By being nice to the furry man…
- What was the last concert you attended? Did you enjoy it?
The last concert I went to was The Rolling Stones at Glastonbury. Amazing.
- If you could go back in time and tell your younger self one thing; and one thing only, what would it be?
If I could go back in time I’d say to myself, follow your intuition more!
- If you could have your portrait painted by anyone, living or dead, which artist would you choose?
If I could have my portrait painted by anyone it would be by William Bouguereau. For me he was a very magical painter. (Ed. Note: Great choice, Jack! Bourguereau happens to be my favourite).
Click on photo for link to Amazon.UK
The Personal Touch:
- Your current WIP is a romance novel. Is that a genre you ever imagined yourself writing in?
No, I sat down to write a detective novel and out popped this very unorthodox love story.
- What inspired to write a romance?
What inspired me – the emotional wounds we carry from relationship to relationship and the ability to love our self.
- With respect to your Missing series, where do you see that going next?
The next Blake novel plays out amidst the dark shadowy world of drug cartels in Marseilles and Corsica. It will be very gritty and Blake’s most challenging case to date!
- How do you think you’d fare in Blake’s world?
I like to think I’d be a great detective but I wouldn’t have Blake’s nerve!
- You’ve had some experience in past life regression. What sort of lives have you previously led?
Extremely varied, from a healing priest in ancient Egypt, to a Welsh nobleman in the Dark Ages , to a Bronze Age man living in South-Eastern Germany.
- Off all your previous lives, which one do you think impacted your soul the most?
My life as an American in the 50’s & 60’s.
- What do you consider the 3 most important things that have happened to you during this lifetime?
Deciding to write my first novel. Going to America for the first time. Being in a film with Geoffrey Rush.
- What are the 3 most interesting?
Having a close encounter with a UFO when I was just 18. Seeing a solid golden statue change its expression after an Indian purification ritual. Meeting someone randomly in the Smoky Mountains who then took me to places I recognized in a former life.
- If you could go back in time and ask William Bouguereau to paint one painting just for you, what would be the subject matter?
Ooo hard one that! The Battle of Waterloo as it’s the centenary this year.
Reach Out & Touch Someone:
- Where can my readers get more information on you?
- What social media sites do you use? How can my readers follow you?
- Where can my readers purchase your work?
Thank you so much for joining me, Jack! Best Wishes on all your future endeavors!!
It’s been great to hang out Clara. I adore your writing and love your novels! (Ed Note: Thank you, Jack! I’m very honoured).