Creative Corner – Chris Sanders
This week, I’m proud to welcome author and actor Chris Sanders to Creative Corner. Want to know a little bit about Chris? He divulges a few details below. And here’s a bit about his fast-paced thriller, The Thief’s Son:
Meet: Chris Sanders
The Thief’s Son is a fast-paced, mystery thriller about a young photo-journalist, Sam Locke, who stumbles across his estranged, criminal father while on assignment in Colombia. Jack Locke, Sam’s father, fled Europe during the eighties to set up his own kidnapping and racketeering ring in South America. During his assignment, Sam finds himself kidnapped by the same men who now work on behalf of his father.
The Thief’s Son revolves around Sam and Jack’s explosive relationship, their constant battles against the local drug cartel and Sam’s steamy affair with Maria, the girlfriend of the cartel’s psychotic boss. Jack, Maria and Sam quickly form an unlikely but strong bond and together, with the odds firmly stacked against them, they plan their escape from small-town Colombia.
- Welcome, Chris. Thanks for joining me here on Creative Corner. What should my readers know about you?
I’m an author, filmmaker and Screenwriter. I also act.
- What are the 3 words that best describe you?
Tenacious, Persistent, observant
- Tell us about your work.
I enjoy writing dark thrillers.
- Which piece of work are you most proud of?
The Thief’s Son
- What other creative endeavors do you enjoy?
- What would people be most surprised to see on your Kindle or bookshelf?
Old comic books from my childhood.
- I love music, and I’m always interested in the musical tastes of my friends. Tell me your 3 favorite songs.
Hurt by Johnny Cash, Ground Control by Bowie, Light My fire – The Doors
- In the story of your life, who would you like to play you?
The Glamorous, Dangerous Romance Section:
- You’re about to be teleported back in time to the days of castles and dragons. What is the biggest danger facing the castle?
- How do you prevail over this danger?
I’d seduce her
- We’re off to the Cannes film festival. Who do we meet there?
- What do you wear on the red carpet?
A smart tuxedo
- You’re about to be sucked into a soap opera. The only thing you have control over is which one you land in. Which one is it?
- You’ve been invited to 2 different events, each taking place on the same day/time. Do you attend the star-studded charity event for a charity you don’t feel strongly about? Or a low-key gathering of a dozen people you find interesting and entertaining?
The low-Key event
- You’ve been chosen to receive a custom wardrobe by the designer of your choice. Which designer is making it for you?
- People magazine is featuring you on next month’s cover. Why?
They had a slow news week…
- We have front row tickets to Fashion Week in NYC. Who are we sitting with? Johnny Depp
- Whose collection are you most looking forward to seeing?
- You’re given to chance to star in either Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Which movie do you choose?
- Which role do you play?
The biggest Ewok available
- Who is starring in the movie with you?
- If you could trade places with someone for one day, whom would you choose?
- You’re throwing a party in a magical world where anyone, living or dead, real or fictional, will show up if invited. Who are the first 10 people you invite?
Orson Welles, Peter o Toole, Richard Harris, Oliver Reed, Richard Widmark, Richard Burton, Alfred Hitchcock, Charlie Chaplin, My late step-father
- Match.com has been introduced to Fairytale Land. Who are the 3 most unexpected couplings to come about?
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, Madonna and Guy Ritchie, Chris Sanders and Queen Elizabeth
- You get to star in a music video for the song of your choice. Which song is it, and what is the video like?
Ground control to Major Tom by Bowie – It’s outta this world
- Who is the person, living or dead, you would most like to spend a day with?
- If you could have your portrait painted by anyone, living or dead, which artist would you choose?
- Which game most resembles your life: Operation, Monopoly, Twister or Clue?
- If offered the chance to live forever, would you?
- Which reality show most resembles your life: Big Brother, Survivor or The Amazing Race?
- Finish this sentence: In my next life, I’m coming back as a ____
- Given the choice, would you rather date a famous athlete, a famous singer, or a famous actor/actress?
- Who is the one person you would have a fling with…no questions asked?
- What is the one work of art you wish you had produced, and why?
David – Michael Angelo. Perfection
- Which would you rather see make a comeback – disco or psychedelic rock?
- You’re about to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Whose star would you like to have your star next to?
- Everyone’s running for President these days, so why not you? Tell me your campaign slogan.
Jokers to the right of me. Jokers to the left…
- You’re the lucky winner of the Publisher’s Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. What’s the first thing you do after receiving your prize?
Head to the nearest bar and celebrate with friends!
- If you were going to take a walk on the wild side, who would you want to be your guide?
Clara Grace Walker (Ed. Note: LMAO! You’re in for a rather tame walk, Chris)
- Your house has been sucked into a tornado and transported to Oz. What’s the first thing you do when you land?
Find the wicked witch and hitch a ride…
- What color best describes your current mood, and why?
Green to go!
The Personal Touch:
- You’ve traveled extensively, and you’ve written about exotic, dangerous places. What’s the most dangerous place you’ve ever visited?
Alabang Hills, Manila
- Was your life ever in danger? If so, how did you save yourself? –
Every time I met my ex-Mother-in-Law. I narrowly survived by throwing chocolates at her.
I was in Thailand when the 2004 Tsunami hit. – I took a room in a local hotel. Lots of other poor folks had already decided to sleep on the beach.
- What made you decide to try your hand at acting?
I was just in the right place at the right time. A chap named WeiWei Si purchased a copy of The Thief’s Son via Linkedin. He was assistant director on Skyfall. He loved my book and hired me to collaborate on a screenplay. We just became friends over time. I met lots of casting directors through him and started to audition. I landed my first role in a Warner Bros movie last November.
- Which do you find most challenging, writing or acting?
The amount of research that’s involved.
- If you could have a role in one of your books, which would it be, and what part would you like to play?
I’d play Jack in my first novel. He’s a loveable rogue.
- Tells us about your short film, The Poe Hustle.
It’s about two London Con-artists who attempt to sell a First-Edition Edgar Allen Poe novel. The book turns out to be a clever fake…
- What is the most challenging part of producing a film?
Raising the cash, keeping all the actors happy, finding the right locations.
- Do you find it more challenging to work behind the camera or in front of it?
- What is your opinion of the Academy Awards (Oscars)?
Fun to watch.
Reach Out & Touch Someone:
- Where can my readers get more information on you?
- What social media sites do you use? How can my readers follow you?
- Where can my readers purchase your work?
Any High Street Book Store. Amazon/Barnes and Noble
- Please provide any other links my readers might find useful. com/B00A7V8MRU
Thank you so much for joining me, Chris! Best Wishes on all your future endeavors!!
Would you like to share your thoughts?
Your email address will not be published.